Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year, craft room creation and a quick lovely knit.

I'm not sure if it has been noticed recently but my blogs have been lacking some pzazz, I think my lack of personal motivation and the hectic Christmas time has made me rush things.  I also had a very bad few weeks before Christmas with my anxiety.  That's getting boring now so I shall keep it sweet, things are happening over the next few weeks and I am hoping that it will lead onto getting back to work!!  I have decided to start 2013 on a positive foot and start making things happen.

I have been sorting out the spare bedroom to make room for a desk for me to craft at, the hot glue gun and craft knives won't mix well with the lovely oak dining table for long!!  I am heading to an auction on Saturday to try to win one that looks just perfect.  This has been very exciting as the spare room has been a bit of a jumble for a while now and it's providing a good opportunity to clear it out.  It also means i can put my crafts away as they are currently littered around the house.

On a non-crafting topic, Tom got us a dishwasher!!!  I cannot begin to explain how much I love it, washing up was a major problem and a chore that really bothered me (more than it should have) and now I have that stress completely eliminated, it also means the worktops remain clear and hopefully my nail polish will last longer.  We paid for installation but it turns out that this means they attach one pipe to the another pipe (which we didn't have).  We were hoping they would do the whole lot but I think we were a bit too optimistic so after a trip to B&Q I had to drill a giant hole in the cupboard and plumb it in myself, we have no leaks so I did a pretty good job.  Yay me!!

I have also been knitting away at my cardigan for sweater club and this is coming along brilliantly, I have knitted the back and one and a half front panels, I have until February to do the rest so no worries about getting it done in time.  It's looking very good but I shall save my photo's for one big blog about it.

Today though I had a major urge to knit with chunky wool, I just love the stuff.  I headed to my favourite shop ever and purchased a ball of Cygnet Criss Cross.  It's a nice yarn, it's looks like it is made of lots of thinner pieces of yarn woven into a big thick piece, like this.

I decided I would knit it until I ran out of it and depending on the length it would be a cowl or a scarf, it became a cowl and a rather nice one at that.  I chose the colours to go with a brown coat but there are lots of lovely colour selections.  I think having knitted with it I may now even prefer it to the Supa Dupa Chunky, it's a lot less fluffy.  Anyway, here is a little collage of photo's for you, isn't it lovely!


For Christmas my sister got me some beautiful pure wool Rowan DK (available from other stockists I am sure) in white, grey and black.  She got them with a crochet book to make her a Koala but I can't use such beautiful wool on something like that so I have decided I am going to have a go at working a colour pattern into yet another cowl.  I think it will be made up of hearts and various different wobbly lines...looks better in my head that it does written as a description.

All in all I feel I have my mojo back (a little) and I am determined to start this year on a positive note, I think this is already happening.  Happy New Year to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment