Tuesday 8 January 2013

Yummy homemade curry

I thought I would share a little recipe with you all. It's one of my favourites and it all started when my friend Paula and I decided we wanted a curry for tea. Paula is an avid traveller and has spent a lot of time in Asia so she took charge. Since then I have forgotten bits, added bits and now perfected the recipe...I think. It's more of a fragrant curry than a spicy one but Tom and I both love it and its actually rather healthy.

I will put what I have used tonight and this has fed us both generously with a large portion left over, probably best to say it serves four.

INGREDIENTS
6 Chicken thighs (skinned, boned and chopped into pieces)
2 onions
2 garlic cloves
4 tomatoes
8 mushrooms
2 limes (zest and juice)
Large bunch of fresh coriander
Curry powder (I use mild madras but make it to your taste)

Soften the garlic and onions in some oil then add the chicken to cook.
Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and a small amount of water to prevent sticking.
Once the tomatoes have cooked down add curry powder to your taste, you might also need to add a little more water.
Let this cook through then add the lime zest and juice along with two thirds of the coriander.
Simmer for a moment until the sauce has thickened and add the rest of the coriander just before serving.

We have it with rice but enjoy with whatever you like. It's so quick and easy but delicious to eat. I have included a photo but I must apologise about it being in a tub as I didn't take a nicely plated one as I ate it to quickly.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment