Tonight I got home and felt the need to get out my sewing machine.
I had a tired old cushion that I thought would be better suited for our spare room with a new cover. Sadly I forgot to photograph the cushion before I binned the old cover.
Recently I was given a lot more left over fabrics from a friend so just had to raid the new collection. Our spare bedroom is very colourful, it needs a lick of paint but I try to liven it up with colourful bedding and decorations. I tend to use either a multi coloured bed set or a purple one.
Seeing as all my fabrics were too small to make a whole cover from I decided to go for patchwork. I chose 4 vibrant colours for the front and 4 more purply coloured fabrics for the back. One side for each set of bed linen.
I got straight to it and actually measured things this time, a habit I must get into with sewing! I decided to use some lovely buttons I had recently been given so knew I had to tackle my first button holes. I looked up what to do and whilst they are not perfect I'm pretty pleased for a first attempt.
Then I just had to sew it all together. I'm so pleased with it, it's a very happy looking cushion.