Tuesday 15 January 2013

A jewellery box made by my Daddy

I just love this jewellery box, I have had it since I was little but it's actually older than me. My Dad worked for Fairline boats in his younger days and around 1976 did some "homework" which involved making this box. Homework was apparently the name for things you would make at work to take home, not the other way around. He probably should have been making a boat.

Anyway, I found it in my parents loft before they moved and decided I wanted to keep it. It was however covered in Ed the duck transfers and stickers from my fun fax, remember them? After a few questions about how to get it back to its former glory I purchased some clear shoe polish. This was perfect to make the wood look healthy again after I sanded the top layer and attached Ed the ducks off. I have to say I am pleased to have it back in my life, it is currently being used as a book end with nothing inside it but I am sure before long it will have a use.

Well done Daddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment