Sunday 20 January 2013

Kev and the Snow Cat

As previously mentioned My sister got me a lovely book called Super Cute Crochet by Nicki Trench for Christmas.  The present was a project bag for me and contained all the supplies to make a lovely little Koala.  I did chuckle when I opened the present which was a pack to make Rheanne a gift back but there was a lot of thought put into it and I love it.  The bag contained everything I would need to complete one of the patterns and Rheanne knows that keeping busy is a good therapy for me so it could not have been better.  Besides, it's nice to say thank you for thoughtful gifts so I got the hook out and started making.  I must confess that I did not use the yarn provided by Rheanne because it is just too good for a little Koala.


I started with the head which once it had eyes on looked very creepy indeed!

Once I had made the body I sewed the face on the head and attached it to said body.

I found that my finger was the perfect size to crochet the arms around so started on the first one.


I added the first arm and he looked very odd so I made the ears before starting the second arm.

After a second arm and two legs Kev was alive and I am pretty pleased with him!


Here is Kev sat comfortably under his tree with a smile on his face.  I'm not so sure he was smiling when he got bundled up in brown paper to travel to London but he has arrived safely and is not being looked after by Rheanne who loves him.

As you all know there has been snow recently, I have taken to hiding inside with my knitting but after watching our neighbour make a snowman (with a bottom) in his garden to impress his dinner guests we just had to go out.  Tom couldn't help due to his Arthritis but he supervised and then our friends arrived to assist.  The plan was to make a simple snow cat but we all know that plans develop and we ended up with a gigantic snow statue in the front garden.

 The snow cat.

  A little Edith on a big Snow Cat.

Proud owners.

I thought it was brilliant that the dye from my gloves coloured the snow pink and used this to colour the ears but little did I realise it was also colouring my hands!


All in all a lot of fun had but I won't be rushing out again, it took ages to warm up!

1 comment:

  1. He is now being looked after by Rheanne, silly autocorrect turned it into not!

    ReplyDelete