Saturday 29 December 2012

Handmade presents

I have been beavering away making presents for my family and today I got to hand them over and watch them get opened, they were all very well appreciated.

The first thing I made was a ribbon heart hook for my sister, she loves bright colours so obviously I chose bright ribbons and got making. I also made her a hat with some wool found in my parents loft when they moved, it's really old double crepe and when Rheanne saw it she asked me to make her something...I did!

I crocheted my Mum a robin which she loves, it was a tricky little devil to make but well worth it. I also knocked up a scarf for her long walks on the beach with Monty the dog, it's made with sweet briar chunky which is my fave yarn, can't tell you why but I just loved knitting with it.

I made my Dad a hat for the same purpose as my Mum's scarf, he is the first to admit he needs a hat due to a lack of hair on his head so after one bodged attempt I found a fantastic pattern for a WW1 watch cap and knitted it, it's great.

Here are the photo's, I am writing this on my iPad so I can't put them in amongst the text which is so annoying.









No comments:

Post a Comment