Friday 10 August 2012

The lovely spoon

I can't claim to have done much with regards to this wonderful item other than put it together. The spoon was ordered from folksy and here is a little story. Whenever I ask Tom if he would like anything from the kitchen his usual response is "you", ahhh I can hear you say. One day I was looking for a stamped silver bracelet on folksy and when putting in stamped silver it brought a whole selection of beautiful stamped cutlery. Then I saw one stamped with coffee, tea or me in a shop called Goozeberry Hill. How could I possibly ignore it so for the bargain price of £6.50 it was mine. When it arrived there was even better news, it was not just any old spoon it was a Mappin and Webb, fair enough it's not one of their most special pieces but I have always wanted some so it will do for now.

The next challenge was to find a frame. I found a shop on eBay who advertised custom made frames. I sent them an e-mail and received the best service ever! I will definitely use them again.

I did buy little hearts, coffee pots and tea pots to put in the frame aswell but it looked far too busy.

All in all I am over the moon with it all. It looks fantastic! Just need to find somewhere to hang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment