Saturday 25 August 2012

I can't even knit a tension square today!

Today I started knitting the tension square for my tunic, well...

Firstly I was doing garter stitch so I had to undo my rows.

Then I got nearly all the way through my tension square which was too small but gradually growing as I loosened my tension a bit and I realised I had cast on too few stitches.

So now I have ripped out the whole lot and will start it again. I will not give up or be put off and this tunic will be worn when it ever gets knitted.

On a different note a colleague of mine brought in an Aran she is knitting for her friend. It is amazing! She is knitting the high neck cardigan on the pattern but I much prefer the v neck one. I have asked if she would like to knit me one but I suspect I will be told to do it myself so that I can't shy away from the challenge. That really is a challenge for the future as I can't see me managing it after today's failed attempts at even a tension square.

No comments:

Post a Comment