Sunday 21 October 2012

I made myself a bobble hat in the round.

Well the story behind this is a long one so here is the short version. My dad asked for a hat for Christmas, I thought this was a good chance to practice knitting in the round, I got myself some lovely Aran and a pair of circular needles and I cast on.

I had a basic pattern and I think I read it wrong because it got very tall. I also fudged the decreases so its a bit of a muddle but nothing the untrained eye would notice. It wasn't meant to have a bobble but I added one anyway to cover a few more obvious errors.

Voila I have a new winter hat. It can be worn with the ribbing folded up to wear as a bobble hat or folded down to wear as a slouchy hat. It's not perfect but it will keep my ears warm and most importantly go with my brown coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment