Wednesday 30 October 2013

The knitted tree

Previously I have made reference to a knitted tree that my Mum has been working away at.  The elderly people's care home she works at is part of a chain and each home has been asked to decorate a tree with knitted things.  

A lot of the people on my Mum's home were too unwell to do much but they all enjoyed doing what they could as did their family and friends.  It is this tree that I made the famous squirrel for, and then the orders came flooding in!

Anyway, all her hard work has come to an end and the tree is now wrapped, decorated and looking fantastic.  I am very proud of her hard work and really hope that she and her residents win.


A knitted owl perched on a branch.


 The whole big knitted tree.


A duck and owl and a number of lovely pom-poms.


A fox, a snake, a frog, a mouse and a hedgehog that I knitted.  Some of these squares were made by me as well.


Another shot of the whole tree.


And last but by no means least squirrel Nutkins who appears to have eaten all the food.

I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment