Sunday 12 May 2013

Temporary loss of knitting mojo

Recently I have been looking at my stash bags and trying to force myself to think of something to do with them, this stressed me out and I just didn't enjoy anything I was doing.

My solution was to stop at Knit Nottingham and buy a lovely summery project to get me going again. The pattern didn't take too long to choose and I decided on a lovely top with a little lace work at the top. The colour however took me a long time, I kept picking up warm purples and green which are gorgeous but not all that summery. After much persuasion and convincing I decided on a lovely watermelon colour, something I don't normally wear but does actually suit me.

I've had a few issues in that I have never worked with cotton before so my tension was a little bit uneven initially but it soon evened out as I got used to the yarn. I also made a few hiccups when knitting after a few glasses of bubbly and ended up with a lot of holes where they shouldn't be a few extra stitches. I have since ripped it back and now it looks brilliant. For my first attempt at lace work I am quite pleased, it's a nice easy pattern but it will look lovely when finished.

I have also set up a Facebook page for those of who may not be aware, pop over to Novice Crafter and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment