Thursday 21 March 2013

Mother's Day hat

I have already posted about the teeny tiny dog I made for my Mum and now I can reveal the big present as she has it. I made her a hat for her dog walks along the beach, it does get a bit blowy! I chose one with ear flaps that can be let down for the extra cold days.

I chose a self striping yarn to make the hat even more interesting than the pattern alone was, I love how the puff stitches are a different colour to the stripes they cover, I think it looks fab.

The pattern called for a double weight yarn which i used, whilst the circumference of the hat was perfect the depth was not enough so I added a band to the front and back and it fits perfectly. I'm not sure if this was my tension or the fact the yarn is a light double weight (in my opinion).

I'm very pleased with it and so it Mummy so a big fat tick in the box.

There are a few other projects on the go but they deserve posts of their own so watch this space.

Also....on a non crafting note I have joined slimming world, fingers crossed the shrinking process is a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment