Friday 16 November 2012

Quite a flattering week

This week has been a very flattering one, great crafty confidence boosts taking place in my house!

Firstly I was asked if I would like to have a stall at a friends craft fare. I had never really considered that people might actually pay money for things I had made. I had to decline though as I wouldn't have enough time to get a suitable amount of stock together but next year I plan on building up a few wintertime knits for a craft fare or two.

Then a friend came to visit. She had been taking Poppy's to her colleagues at work who apparently went a bit wild for them. So much so that they have been asking for a web address to buy things and asking Laura if I can make them brooches and all sorts of little things. Another little new year project I think.

The final boost came when Make and Craft magazine tweeted that I was featured in their magazine. Thinking they had made a mistake I had a look through the new edition and there was my blog in all it's glory! My ramblings, mistakes, bakes and makes were being read and taken seriously.

In light of these little but wonderfully flattering events I think I will get myself making some little bits and pieces to set up a folksy shop in the new year. I have a few ideas but whether people would buy them is something I will have to wait and see about.

I also feel I should add a few little thanks to the people who got me started on my crafty journey and keep me going. Mrs Crafty B who got me picking up my knitting needles and cross stitches again, the wonderful Eleanor Burke who keeps me knitting and reminds me I can do it, Tom for putting up with the constant mess and yarn all over the house and my friends and family for the praise they give me.

That's all for now, I have some washing up to do!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Wow that's so much! Sounds like 2013 is going to be a crafty year for you! We're looking forward to following your journey. Best wishes, from all the team at Make and Craft magazine

    ReplyDelete