Wednesday 18 April 2012

Knitting the night shift away

It was a reasonably quiet shift tonight so during the silent times I practiced some different stitches. First I learnt to pearl which was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. Then I tried moss stitch...complete disaster on the first attempt and I had to ask a more skilled colleague to sort it out for me. Once I had been shown the error of my ways I was actually quite good and managed to knit a few rows. Eventually I decided I felt confident enough to play around and managed to knit a ribbed pattern. All of these skills have been used to make a completely useless rectangle of wool but at least now my scarves can be a bit more interesting...still not feeling confident enough to try much else but watch this space it might happen.

Whilst I feel more confident with stitching I need to learn to improve casting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment